Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Still growing....




At 25 weeks (we're past the halfway mark!), I am now noticeably pregnant to pretty much everyone (you know you're looking pregnant when strangers in the checkout line no longer hestitate to ask, "So when are you due?"). Now that my energy has returned (at least for now), I am feeling large and in charge! Baby's presence is felt off and on throughout the day in kicks, punches, swirls, and twirls. But we are starting to notice that baby is developing a pattern much like dad's in that our little one doesn't really start getting moving until about 10:30 or so in the morning (unless mom forgot to eat a snack before bed, in which case baby wakes mom up at 3am to remind her it is time to eat!), gradually becomes more active as the day progress, and seems to be ready to party from after dinner until about midnight. I say, "live it up little one while you still have the real estate for acrobatics!" I'm hoping in the next few weeks that David will be able to take part in the fun and be able to feel the high fives and the hi-ya's when he puts his hand on my belly. But for now it appears that baby and I have our first "inside" joke!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You look so cute and I'm so glad that things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3am feedings... our father ruined us.

    "Toast and milk, please."

    ReplyDelete