Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You mean there is life outside of our house walls?

It's amazing how the days and nights since returning home from the hospital blur together and go by at such a rapid pace that it leads us to question, "What day is it?", let alone to contemplate venturing out into the vast blue yonder with this new being (I have to nurse where?!?). But I've made it my mission to attempt (key word here) to get out of the house with Logan each day. And if I can't make it outside with him, I try to see if I can make it out without him. It gives me motivation to shower, put on some makeup (to hide my still vampire-like complexion (can't wait 'till the color returns to my face!)), and dress in something other than workout outfits.

This goal was made much easier with the return of Gram Kvidahl. David had three chaotic weeks of covering March Madness, some of which required him to be out of town. Upon hearing that Logan and I would be left alone, Gram didn't hesitate to book the next flight out to help!

One of our family outings when David had a little free time was visiting "where it all began" -- Saint Louis University. Logan slept through much of the campus tour and didn't particularly seem interested in the details of where mommy and daddy met, where they had their first date, OR where daddy proposed to mommy (that's not gonna stop us from telling him the story and showing him the spots each and every time we go to campus though!). He woke up just in time to have his first "outdoor picnic" in the campus gazebo! Here are some pictures from our trip out and about...





No comments:

Post a Comment